Terms and Conditions
- These Terms govern your use of the Long Spoon Larder Ltd.’s website: www.longspoonlarder.co.uk. Referred to as the ‘Site’. Please read them carefully as they affect your rights and liabilities under the law. If you do not agree to these Terms please do not use the Site. Please note that to buy any products on the Site, you are required to register as an authorised user and additional Terms and Conditions will apply.
2. The Site is provided to you free of charge for your personal use subject to these Terms, by using the Site you agree to be bound by these Terms.
3. All orders and purchases made on the Site will also be governed by the relevant Terms as set out below:
4. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS DO NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS.
5. We may update these Terms from time to time and any changes will be notified to you via the e-mail address provided by you on registration or via a suitable announcement on the Site. The changes will apply to the use of the Site after we have given notice.
6. If you do not wish to accept the new Terms you should not continue to use the Site or make purchases. If you continue to use the Site after the date on which the change comes into effect, your use of the Site indicates your agreement to be bound by the new Terms.
8. To register on the Site you must be over eighteen years of age.
9. You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete. Please inform us of any changes to your information by updating your personal details to ensure that our records are correct.
10. When you register to use the Site you will be asked to create a password. You must keep this password confidential and must not disclose it or share it with anyone. You will be responsible for all activities and orders that occur or are submitted under your password. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password you should change your password by logging into your customer account details.
11. If we have reason to believe that there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the Site, we may require you to change your password or we may suspend your account in accordance
12. The content of the Site is protected by copyright, trade marks, database and other intellectual property rights. You may retrieve and display the content of the Site on a computer screen, store such content in electronic form on disk (but not any server or other storage device connected to a network) or print one copy of such content for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content on the Site without written permission from The Long Spoon Larder Ltd.
13. No licence is granted to you in these Terms to use any trade mark of The Long Spoon Larder Ltd.
14. By submitting content to the Site you agree that:
14.1 You are the sole author of and are personally responsible for any content you submit (e.g. a written review) and you own any intellectual property rights that relate to it;
14.2 all ‘moral rights’ that you may have in such content have been voluntarily waived by you; and
14.3 We may contact you at the e-mail address attached to your account to request a review or to notify you about the status of your review.
14.4 You agree that you won’t submit anything that:
14.4.1 is false, inaccurate, or misleading;
14.4.2 you have been paid or rewarded for, if such compensation influenced the content of your review in any way;
14.4.3 has been copied from anyone else, or infringes on any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
14.4.4.violates any law or is considered to be offensive e.g. threatening, libellous or racially or religiously biased;
1.4.5 includes references to other websites or any contact information (e.g. email addresses or phone numbers); or
1.4.6 contains any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
1.4.7 Ratings and written reviews will generally be posted within two to four business days. (LSL) reserves the right to remove or to refuse to post any submission for any reason.
15. We encourage comments on The Long Spoon Larder social media platforms which are related subjects in an intelligent and constructive manner. We reflect a wide range of interests for the benefit of all of our users.
16. Treat others as you would like to be treated. Be polite, even if you disagree. Abusive language, aggression and bullying are not allowed (whether aimed at users, individuals, The Long Spoon Larder or other companies). Distressing content is also banned.
17. We will try to help you with any queries, but to respect your privacy we cannot ask for personal contact details on this page. It may be necessary to ask you to contact us via Private Message/Direct Message.
18. To safeguard the privacy of individuals any postings including information that may identify individual’s offline will be removed.
19. Repeated duplicate postings (spam) by the same user or groups will be removed as they clutter up discussions for other users.
20. Comments subject to legal issues (slander, defamation, contempt of court) or publicising / encouraging / endorsing illegal activity will be removed.
21. Content with overt religious or political bias intended to incite others will be removed. Aggressive lobbying that disrupts the community for other Long Spoon Larder users will be removed.
22. Impersonating brands or other users or featuring licensed or copyright material is not allowed.
23. Content containing unverified or false claims about products will be removed.
24. The Long Spoon Larder retains the right to remove content posted on social media or block users from posting to any Long Spoon Larder Page for any other reason deemed necessary to create a helpful community.
25. Please respect all of Facebook’s terms and conditions.
26. Please respect all of Twitter’s terms and conditions.
27. Please respect all of Instagram’s terms and conditions.
28. Although The Long Spoon Larder aims to offer you the best service possible, we make no promise that the services at the Site will meet your requirements. We cannot guarantee that the service will be fault free. If a fault occurs in the service, you should report it to the through the Contact Us section of the website or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will attempt to correct the fault as soon as we reasonably can.
29. Your access to the Site may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to restore the service as soon as it reasonably can.
30. The Long Spoon Larder may suspend or cancel your registration immediately at our reasonable discretion or if you breach any of your obligations under these Terms.
31. The suspension or cancellation of your registration and your right to use the Site shall not affect either party’s rights or liabilities.
32. The content on the Site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on the Site.
33. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on the Site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the Site is accurate, complete or up to date.
34. As a convenience to our customers, the Site includes links to other websites or material which are beyond its control. (LSL) is not responsible in any way for content outside the Site.
35. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland and any disputes will be decided only by the Scottish courts.
36. (LSL) makes no promise that materials on the Site are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United Kingdom.
37. You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights under these Terms.
38. If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect.
39. If you breach these Terms and The Long Spoon Larder ignores this, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies at a later date or in any other situation where you breach the Terms.
40. Our food filter search function has been designed to help you match relevant products on our grocery website and app to specific dietary or lifestyle food and drink needs.
41. We work with suppliers of products we sell to make sure they fit your dietary profile. However, food products are frequently reformulated, ingredients may change and manufacturers’ data may be incorrect or incomplete. Please check product packaging details before consumption.
42. The search results displayed will contain products from all the filters you have selected, as well as other products that have been identified as not containing a specified allergen as an ingredient.
43. Bear in mind that other products and filters have been collated by reviewing their ingredients list and any ‘may contain’ labelling, so while they won’t contain a specified allergen, they may not have been produced under controlled conditions. That means we can’t guarantee they’re suitable for a specific dietary need.
44. Our search function is all about saving you time and identifying potentially suitable food but shouldn’t be used as an alternative to medical advice and carrying out your own checks. We recommend that you don’t just rely on information provided on any list and always check product labels.
45. Specific filter info:
45.1 Gluten Free – These are products which are free from gluten or do not have gluten-containing ingredients. We recommend that it shouldn’t be used as an alternative to medical advice and you do your own checks on product information.
45.2 Vegetarian-These products are free from all animal products or animal by-products, with the exception of eggs, milk products and honey. They’re also free from all products or by-products of the fishing industry. We recommend that you don’t rely solely on this information and that you always check product labels.
45.3 Vegan-These products do not contain any ingredients from animals including eggs, milk, honey or fishery products. Some products listed are not suitable for milk or egg allergy sufferers because milk and/or egg are present in the environment where the products are made. Customers with these allergies should always check the product information online and on the product label.
45.4 Low fat-These products contain 3g or less of total fat per 100g, or 1.5g or less of total fat per 100ml for liquids. This is based on the “traffic light” food labelling system developed by the Food Standards Agency and the Department of Health.
45.5 Halal-These products don’t contain any alcohol or pork. In addition, products containing meat will not appear on the list unless labelled as Halal by the manufacturer.
45.6 No lactose-Everything here is lactose-free or doesn’t have lactose listed within the ingredients. We recommend that you don’t just rely on this information and always check product labels. It shouldn’t be used as an alternative to medical advice and your own checks.
45.7 Organic-This filter produces a list of products which are labelled by the manufacturer as ‘organic’. We recommend that you do not rely solely on this information and that you always check product labels.
45.8 Low alcohol-Products on this list covers beers, wines, or spirits which are labelled by the manufacturer as no alcohol, low-alcohol, alcohol-free or contains less than 1.2% ABV. We recommend that you don’t solely rely on this information and always check product labels.
45.9 No alcohol-Products here are beers, wines, or spirits, which are labelled by the manufacturer as no alcohol, alcohol free, or contains less than 0.05% ABV and do not contain alcohol as an ingredient. Please don’t just go by this information alone and always check product labels.
46. Please read these product terms and conditions carefully as they affect your rights and liabilities under the law and set out the terms under which (LSL) makes the products available to you (“Product Terms”).
47. If for any reason beyond our reasonable control, we are unable to supply a particular item, we will not be liable to you. When an item you have ordered is unavailable, we will attempt to deliver a suitable substitute, unless you have asked us not to.
48. To ensure availability of all our products customers may be limited to a maximum number of items.
49. Please note that the prices on our website are guide prices only. The actual price you pay will be the price charged in-store at the time your order is picked for delivery. The actual order value cannot be determined until the day of delivery because the prices stated on the website may vary either above or below the prices in-store on the day your order is picked and delivered.
50. When your order is delivered you may return any item and receive a full refund if you are unhappy with the price charged.
51. All prices are expressed inclusive of any VAT payable unless otherwise stated. The price of the items does not include the delivery charge which will be charged at the rate specified when you place your order.
52. The minimum basket value is £40 for home delivery and for Click+Collect*.
53. If the value of the products in your basket when you confirm your order is less than the minimum basket value, then we will add a £5 charge to your order. We will add the charge to your total at the checkout page, before you pay. If you go back and change your order, so that the value of your order is greater than the minimum basket value, we will remove the charge.
54. Unfortunately, we can’t combine separate orders once we have processed them, so please make sure you make any changes to increase the value of your basket before you confirm your order.
55. If we apply a charge to your shop, and we give you a refund for your entire shop, we will also refund the charge. However, we will not refund the charge if only some of the items in your shop are refunded.
56. *From 18-24 December 2020, the minimum basket value for all Click+Collect may change due to high demand during peak times.
57. Delivery will be made to the address specified by you when you place your order.
58. We will deliver your order to the main entrance of the delivery address. At your request, our driver may carry your order into the delivery address, for example, to a particular floor in an apartment block or into your kitchen but only if:
58.1 The driver has your permission and
58.2 Our driver believes that it is safe and practical to do as you request.
59. We always reserve the right to deliver only to the main entrance of the delivery address.
60. For deliveries to customers at a business address, we can deliver to the ground floor communal entrance of your business, but unfortunately, we are not able to come to your desk. If your business has a shared ground floor reception, this is where we will deliver your shopping.
61. Please note that we deliver goods only to specified regions within the Scotland. To check that the online Grocery service delivers to your area, please enter your postcode on the website popup.
62. Hampers can be posted to alternative addresses through-out the UK, subject to additional charges.
63. Delivery times will be agreed with you at the time of placing your order.
64. All goods must be signed for on delivery by an adult aged 18 years or over.
65. (LSL) follows a “Think 25” policy when delivering age-restricted items, so if the person receiving the goods looks under 25, proof of age will be requested. If proof is not available and there is no-one of that age at the address when delivery is being made, the goods will be retained by the driver. If we attempt to deliver your order to the delivery address as arranged with you but there is nobody at the delivery address to accept your order, the driver will leave notification of attempted delivery and you will need to contact our Customer Services to re-arrange delivery: email@example.com
66. In these circumstances, if we have to return to deliver the goods, a further charge may become payable provided that delivery is attempted at the agreed time.
67. Whilst we make every effort to deliver all your goods in the agreed time, we will not be liable if we fail to do so in part or in full due to circumstances beyond our control.
68. Delivery and Collection order items will not be packed in our eco paper bags. For certain products, such as packaged raw meat, we’ll need to use eco cooling bags. You can hand these back to the driver or in-store to be recycled. Our aim is to reduce unnecessary packaging, so we will pack your items in order to maintain the integrity of your shop, whilst trying to minimise unnecessary packaging. This means some items will arrive in smaller bags or no bags.
69. If you choose to collect your order from in-store, the date and time slot for collection will be agreed with you when you place your order.
70. We may be able to provide some flexibility around collection times, but this is not guaranteed. Please speak with the member of our staff at the dedicated collection point who will be able to assist you, or contact us using details on the website.
71. Please bring your order number and the credit card you used to pay for your order (we will not be able give you your order unless you produce an appropriate form of I.D.)
72. We’d like you to be happy with everything you purchase from (LSL). Please see our Returns and Refunds Policy for details of how to obtain a replacement or refund. Our refund policy is in addition to and does not affect any of your legal rights. The simplest ways to return your items are set out in the policy but you can also tell us you’ve changed your mind by completing and returning this cancellation form.
73. If you have any complaints about an online purchase, please get in touch and we will do our best to help. If you are still not happy, the European Commission has set up an online service to resolve disputes about online transactions. Please visit the Online Dispute Resolution website.
74. You can cancel or change any of your current orders up until the amendment cut-off point specified in your order confirmation. You can make changes to your order by going to ‘My account’ and selecting ‘Grocery orders’, ‘Cancel this order’. Or click on the link ‘My orders’ in the top right corner of the grocery site and select ‘Cancel this order’. Alternatively, you can call our Customer Services on 07540455825 (local rate from mobiles). Please note that orders cannot be cancelled by email.
75. We accept the following payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Visa Debit, (LSL) Bank credit and debit cards.
76. Your credit/debit card details will be encrypted to minimise the possibility of unauthorised access or disclosure.
77. Authority for payment must be given at the time of placing your order.
78. If you request an amendment to your order after it has been submitted we will make necessary adjustments, but full payment must be received before delivery or collection.
79. Please ensure that the expiry date of your payment card is within date.
4.1.1. These Product Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland and any disputes will be decided only by the Scottish courts.
4.1.2. If any of these Product Terms is held by any court of competent authority to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, this will not affect the validity of the remaining Product Terms which will continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
80. It is our responsibility to supply you with goods that meet your consumer rights and comply with this contract. If you have any concerns that we have not met our legal obligations, please contact us.
81. If you have an order query, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.